Can you really drink honey and cinnamon and lose weight? We are sure you’ve seen the post on Facebook about Honey and Cinnamon being a cure all for everything. The following is an excerpt taken from the post that addresses weight loss.
WEIGHT LOSS:Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
So can you really take honey and cinnamon for weight loss? Let’s see.
Benefits of Honey – Honey is very nutritious and of course it tastes amazing. There are 22 amino acids in honey and additionally there are minerals in honey that help speed up the metabolism. Some studies have shown that taking a small amount of honey each day helps to move fat out of storage in your body so the fat is available and thus easier to burn. Other studies suggest that taking honey before bed can help you sleep better because it reduces stress hormones in your body. Sounds pretty good, and there is some evidence that you will lose some weight by drinking honey daily.
Benefits of Cinnamon – Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, we know this has nothing really to do with weight loss but it’s good to know. A recent study in the Diabetes Care Journal has shown that cinnamon helps regulate insulin levels. Anything that helps regulate insulin is going to be good for weight loss. Cinnamon also has shown to aid in metabolizing glucose.
Both Honey and Cinnamon are good for weight loss, so why not make a drink of the two and take them together a couple times a day. This drink could be especially helpful for people with a sweet tooth. It may satisfy sweet cravings which would also be beneficial for weight loss.
If you would like to try the honey and cinnamon for weight loss, here is the recipe taken straight from The Doctors website. You can find out more at their site http://www.thedoctorstv.com/melissaw72/posts/4475-Weight-Loss,
Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
The formula for honey and cinnamon for weight loss is ubiquitous.
1. Use honey and cinnamon in a 1:2 ratio (one part cinnamon, two parts honey)
2. Put the cinnamon in a cup or bowl.
3. Boil one cup of water.
4. Pour water over the cinnamon and let it steep for 30 minutes.
5. Once the liquid has cooled, add honey. Always add honey to the cooled liquid – hot liquid will destroy the enzymes in the raw honey.
6. Drink half of the resulting “tea” before going to bed. Cover and refrigerate the rest.
7. Drink the other half first thing in the morning.
8. Do not add anything to the recipe. Only drink on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning and right before bed.
Typical claims of benefits that you will find for drinking this concoction include:
1. Inches will be lost before you will notice the scale creeping downward.
2. The cinnamon and honey cleanses parasites, fungus and bacteria out of the digestive tract.
3. You may experience side effects due to the release of toxicity.
4. You may experience increased energy, better sex drive and a better mood.
5. The formula will block your body from gaining fat.
Always consult your doctor before using/doing anything for weight loss.
Wishing you good luck and good health!